Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Teeny ,Tiny shark attack......




Blogging from misfit Island






                                                          
So, last week was shark week and my family and I really enjoy what new discoveries have been made from last year. I have already shared the face to shadow encounter I had one summer growing up.
But, watching last week, I was reminded of the time my best friend (who did not care for animals in the slightest) came over.
We were teens hanging out in my room playing records....note: records are vinyl disks with deep groves and a hole in the center, when played on a machine called a hifi or stereo, music can be heard, in this case it was The Boss (Bruce Springsteen).

 At first she was looking at my posters of Parker Stevenson and Andy Gibb hanging on my wall, then she noticed my ten gallon fish tank. In those days tanks where nothing but a metal frame and glass walls, this one didn’t even have a hood.
“Why would anyone want to have stupid fish” she said. "They aren’t stupid" I explained, "They're kind of cool, like that one that’s a red tip shark” note : not really a shark a type of catfish but it looks like a two and a half inch shark.
“A shark!" Her voice broke, like the Jaws kind? Only you would have Jaws as a pet”.
Laughing, “No silly” , I said, “He doesn’t bite, he’s not really a shark just looks like one, go ahead check him out".
Just as I said that,she looked into the top of the tank,suddenly that fish launched itself into the air right at her head. She screamed! I screamed! I could not believe what happened .I never saw a fish do that. I mean right at her head! Then plop, right on my rug,while she leaped onto my bed still screaming, I managed to stop laughing, just long enough to scoop him up and return him to the tank.
 He never did that again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment